As soon as you see Mike Matte enter a room you will feel his energy, enthusiasm and his passion for life. In 1982 Mike was branded The Marathon CEO by his first boss at ADT and has been turning losers into winners time and time again. Today Mike Matte is a transformational leadership coach who is running companies on an interim basis and is passionate about sharing his turn-around secrets and leadership principles. Mike has spent the last 25 years as a CEO, president or general manager of over 44 companies and business units. His ability to turn them around in less than two years has provided him with a remarkable record.
Mike Matte – The Marathon CEO
Mike Matte is a native Midwesterner and a 1975 graduate of the Air Force Academy. His active duty AF experience as a B-52 flightline maintenance officer led to 25 years of business success as a CEO/President/General Manager leading the operational turnaround of over 40 companies and profit centers. He is a marathon runner, a professional speaker and the author of the self development book MARATHON FIT TO LEAD. Mike believes that his academy background gave him the self discipline and drive to focus on a lifetime of marathon fitness ie mentally focused, emotionally connected, physically energized and spiritually aligned. His career has also been a marathon as he has relocated 22 times. Mike and his wife Sharon have 3 daughters and 2 grandchildren and live in Frisco, Texas.
Mike’s Most Requested Programs:
- Dealing With Difficult Runners On Your Marathon
- Self Discipline/Habits To Succeed On Our Marathon
- Overcoming 2009 Marathon Challenges
- How To Be A Marathon Leader/Coach
- Assertive Communication Skills
- Leading Through Change
- Team Building With A Herd of Cats
- The 5 Habits Of Successful Marathon Coaches
The Marathon CEO Leadership Principles:
- Create Credibility: Establish it immediately and build on it (5 steps on how to do it)
- Synergy and Strength: Surround yourself by deputies who have strengths offsetting your weaker areas
- Define Targets: Clearly create clarified purposeful goals
- Practice Flexibility: Get Real and think like a cat-herder
- Improve… Progress vs. Perfection: Keep Moving forward on the Marathon
Sustained Leadership for the Long Run:
M = Management: Let’s reduce it
L = Leadership; Recruit and develop leaders
B = Back of the pack leadership: Both position and mentality.
C = Communicate: Exercise your EARS – use the 65/25/10 rule