Known for her ability to lift others out of mediocrity and inspire them to action, Lauren Schieffer has spent the last 18 years energizing and inspiring national and international audiences with her quick wit and her down to earth approach, insightful personal stories, and dry humor keeping them engaged and laughing to the very last moment.
Communication Expert Lauren Schieffer
In all walks of life there are those who talk and those who do. While both matter, the manner in which we do each is crucial. What we say matters. How we interact matters. How we treat others matters. I believe that America is slowly forgetting how to communicate respectfully and I am on a mission, with a passion and a vision to turn that around. The first step in that process is communicating respectfully with ourselves.
My personal journey has traversed some dark and scary roads that included battles with and recovery from eating disorders and surviving two personal assaults. I am proud to be standing on the sunny side of those dark roads in triumph. My life’s journey has brought me to the conclusion that what happens to you in your life is not as important as how you choose to respond to what happens to you in your life.
My professional path began behind a receptionist desk at a moving company. Thankful for the work, but not satisfied with the growth potential, I built an independent business with the world’s leading cosmetic company where I recruited, mentored and inspired countless women to create their own version of success.
I lead by example, because I refuse to place limits on myself. I show others how to expand their comfort zones into a realm of personal and professional influence and fulfillment. The combination of my personal and professional journeys has brought me to a place where I can guide others – women, men, executives, managers, employees and entrepreneurs alike – in their quest to pass through good and grasp great; pass beyond survival and into triumph.
I also make sure to have some fun along the way – because if you can’t have a little fun along the road, why travel it at all?
I am humbled that my first book, Road Signs on the High Road of Life, has become a must-read for graduates, leaders and communication experts, and consistently graces the corporate gift-giving “best of” lists.
To know me in business or from the stage is to know who I truly am………
The Ten Building Blocks of High Road Communicators
The greatest hindrance to growth in any organization, or in any individual career is poor communication, both up and down the ladder. Most people are promoted (or not) based on how they relate to others instead of their talent or skill level, and so many projects fail because of lack of – or poor communication.
In this signature session, Lauren has steeped down the core competencies of effective, respectful communication into a simple, easy to understand progression of Ten Building Blocks. Every attendee of this session will learn:
• The causes of poor communication
• The toxic results of poor communication
• The goal of all true-master communicators
• The three foundational blocks upon which all the other’s stand
• The six skill based blocks and how to easily master them
• The capstone, tenth block that can garner you influence in any environment
The Two Pillars of Serenity and Success
The secret to serenity and productivity in your personal and professional lifestands on a foundation of two pillars: your own self-esteem and respect to all people.
Attendees will leave this signature session knowing what the most successful, effective people throughout history have known and consciously applied:
• The difference between self-confidence and self-esteem
• How to recognize the signs when your self-esteem is sagging
• Specific skills for shoring up your self-esteem
• How treating others with respect can give you an edge in all situations
• How to pinpoint, own and change disrespectful behaviors that don’t serve them well
• How to take complete responsibility for the choices you make and how those choices affect the strength of your pillars
• How to use the Two Pillars of Serenity to remain grounded when the winds of chaos, conflict, adversity and anxiety blow
Are My Co-Workers Aliens?
Are you getting this? We all have days that we think our co-workers are from another planet. Chances are more likely you aren’t “speaking their language.” Master communicators adapt how they communicate to meet the other at his/her comfort zone.
Attendees of these sessions depart understanding how to meet the listener on their terms not yours and be certain your message is received loud and most of all, clear. (Each of these topics can stand alone, or they can be combined into one session)
Communication Comfort Zones: when not thinking, when caught off guard or when under stress, everyone settles into certain comfort zones in their communication. Flexing your communication to meet them in their comfort zone will help reduce conflict and make everyone more productive.
Generational Differences for the first time in American history there are four generations in the workplace, each of which has their own emotional drivers and communication styles. Understand the differences and make them work for you.
He said, She said There are real differences in the way men and women approach situations, how they communicate and how they can adapt to meet challenges and solve problems. There are specific techniques that are a MUST when communicating with the opposite sex.
Before it Comes to Blows!
The most successful and dynamic people (and businesses) learn how to resolve conflict before it starts, and create an atmosphere that fosters understanding and expression. These skills do not typically come naturally, but they can be learned! Participants will leave this program understanding:
• The value of conflict prevention vs. conflict management
• How to function successfully in the midst of on-going conflict
• How to see issues from multiple perspectives
• The difference between reacting and responding in stressful situations
• How to keep their emotions from running the show
• How to find the win-win-win from a well managed conflict
Road Signs on the High Road of Life: Your GPS to Triumph!
Are we there yet? Everyone travels a different path but most people long for success in their personal and professional lives. While everyone’s journey through life is unique, there are certain guide posts that are identical on everyone’s road. In this signature program, Lauren shares some of the personal challenges she has overcome to achieve victory and highlights those road signs on everyone’s life journey that are essential to success.
Participants in this program will be able to stop wandering around and actually get where they want to be by following these road signs:
• Choices equal results – are you making the right choices?
• Don’t react, choose response instead
• Always tell the truth, it’s just easier
• Your attitude determines your altitude
• Work first, then you can play later, guilt free
• Why honey really is better than vinegar