David Chinsky offers half-day and shorter presentations on a variety of leadership and organizational effectiveness topics. David is the Founder of The Institute for Leadership Fitness and works with high-potential leaders seeking greater clarity, confidence, effectiveness and vitality. David's most popular talks include The Opportunity Funnel, Leveraging Your Leadership Profile, The Confidence Net, The Oscillating Life, The Star Retainer, and The Fit Leader. David Chinsky is on a mission to create 10,000 "fit leaders" by 2020.
- Organizational Skills
- Peak Performance
- Performance Improv.
$5000 - $10000
David Chinsky – The Leadership Fit
Our vision is simple: to create vibrant leaders who enjoy balanced lives marked by personal health… and sustained contribution.
The Institute for Leadership Fitness (formerly David Chinsky & Associates) was founded in 2002 by Dr. David Chinsky following a successful 25-year career as an accomplished and effective leader.
The Institute is the culmination of Dr. Chinsky’s inquiry into a common yet profound business dilemma: “How can leaders produce consistent, excellent results – and not experience burn out?”
While excellence derives from three factors – Clarity, Confidence, and Effectiveness – Dr. Chinsky observed they do not guarantee stability and can be likened to a 3-legged stool. Sustained contribution requires a fourth stabilizing factor: Vitality – fostered by positive habits and rejuvenation that ensure peak performance.
The result is the Fit Leader’s Program™ launched in 2008. The Program integrates all four factors necessary for leaders to achieve their highest level of professional effectiveness and leadership fitness. The Program is customized for delivery in major organizations, and also made available to individual aspiring leaders through open enrollment Programs in major cities around the world.
Dr. Chinsky spearheaded the launch of the Fit Leader’s Program and set the Institute’s goal for the next decade: to train 10,000 Fit Leaders by 2020.
The Institute is dedicated to offering fresh and innovative approaches to learning in the workplace. We are committed to continually improving and renewing our knowledge base and our service capabilities to help sustain leaders today and in the future.
Meet the Founder: Dr. David Chinsky
Drawing on more than 25 years of success in leadership and management, Dr. David Chinsky has been in high demand to mentor, train, and coach over 1,000 leaders, managers and owners of companies. As popularity of his Fit Leader’s Program continues to widen, the Institute for Leadership Fitness is poised to attain its goal to train 10,000 Fit Leaders by 2020.
David Chinsky is an executive coach and leadership advisor who has delivered professional coaching and leadership development workshops to over 200 companies and organizations. He brings his unique insights into leadership, change management and teamwork to a diversified group of individuals and teams.
Dr. Chinsky is the Founder of the Institute for Leadership Fitness, author of The Fit Leader’s Companion, and creator of the Fit Leader’s Program™ – a 12-24 month leadership development experience that prepares high potential leaders for careers marked by personal health and sustained contribution.
The foundation for his work arose from the insights he gained during his own executive experience that cuts across all aspects of organizational life: from product development to customer service; from operations to human resources. For over a quarter century he played a role in the inner workings at companies that include Trinity Health, Ford Motor Company, Nestle and Thomson Reuters.
Working side by side with senior leaders, Dr. Chinsky moves them toward their highest level of professional effectiveness and leadership fitness. More importantly, they learn how to make their contributions sustainable, and then spread those traits to those they influence.
David enjoys living in both Michigan and Arizona along with his wife, who is an artist, and their two children.
- University of Michigan – BA in Political Science
- University of Michigan – DrPH in Health Policy
- Keller Graduate School of Management – MBA in Accounting & Marketing
- University of Illinois – MS in Public Health Sciences
- University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School – Certificate in Strategic Planning
- University of Michigan – Human Resource Executive Program
- Certified Leadership Fitness Coach™ – Institute for Leadership Fitness
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach – Coaches Training Institute
- Professional Certified Coach – International Coach Federation
- Certified ChangeWorks Professional – Tension Management Institute
- Certified Physician Development Coach – Physician Coaching Institute
Affiliations & Memberships:
- International Leadership Association
- International Coach Federation
- International Consortium of Coaching in Organizations
- National Speakers Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
1) Fit to Lead: The Four Faces of Leadership Fitness
2) Seven Strategies for Increasing the Quality and Quantity of Our Conversations
3) The Gift of Feedback
4) Conquering Team Dysfunctions