Like it or not, YOU are a Soldier in the Army of Life! The world is a battlefield! YOU are equipped with all the tools you need to win against your enemies: foreign (those outside of you) and domestic (those within.) Beatrice Bruno, The Drill Sergeant of Life, aka The Get Over It Gal!, is here to help you be the Soldier YOU were created to be!
The Drill Sergeant of Life aka The Get Over It Gal
Beatrice Bruno is an Active Duty Army Veteran but always and forever a Drill Sergeant! Having served in various military assignments, Beatrice readily admits that “being a Drill Sergeant was the most rewarding two years of my life!”
A Born-again Christian and ordained Gospel Minister, Beatrice has mentored and counseled people in all stages of life. Serving in ministry for the past 20 years, Beatrice has found that people from all walks of life have the same need: to get over self, get out of their own way, and let go of the P.A.S.T. so they can get what they want out of life!
Wife of John for 21 years, Beatrice has raised their four children – his, hers, and theirs – and is now (not quite) patiently waiting for sons and daughter-in-laws and grandchildren.
1) Attitude: Attitude is everything! From the much-used maxim, Your attitude determines your altitude, to the current Presidential mantra, Yes, We Can, we find that our attitude determines how quickly or how slowly we rise to the heights we were created to reach. Speaking from her books, How To Get Over Yourself, Get Out of Your Own Way, and Get What YOU Want Out of Life! and How To Get Over Yourself and Let Go of the P.A.S.T., Beatrice shares with her audiences that how we see ourselves, our attitudes about ourselves, is usually the only thing that keeps one from moving forward and being all they were created to be.
2) Change: One of the scariest experiences a person encounters is change. Many people run from change; others hide from it as long as is possible or feasible. Instead, change should be embraced so the person can grow and flourish as they were created to do. Using the analogy of a potted plant, Beatrice will show how the need to re-pot ourselves is essential to our growing and becoming what we were created to be.
3) Success: How many times have you been the “bridesmaid” or the “groomsman” at someone else’s Wedding of Life? How many times will you serve in this position before you realize that you actually want to be the “Bride” or “Groom” on the Wedding Cake of Life? Beatrice uses the adage, Always the Bridesmaid, Never the Bride, to show how we all can attain success by striving to be better than we have ever been before, doing more than we have ever done causing us to have more success in life, in business, in everything than we have ever had before.
4) Tough Times: Nietzsche once said, That which does not kill us makes us stronger! It probably makes you wonder what he was dealing with at the time. Many of us have endured tough times; some more than others. But, those tough times, whether we want to admit it or not, built character within us that we would not have otherwise attained. Through life examples and excerpts from her books, How To Get Over Yourself, Get Out of Your Own Way, and Get What YOU Want Out of Life! and How To Get Over Yourself and Let Go of the P.A.S.T., Beatrice will talk you down from the ledge and help the listener understand that it is possible to grow stronger from life and not just be beat down by it.
5) Vision/Purpose: Believe it or not, if and when you find your purpose, you will find the passion you need to create a life that many have only dreamed of. Your vision and purpose was created just for you; not your twin or any of your other siblings: YOU! Many times, as we grow up, make mistakes, start over again and do what everyone else wants us to do, we forget the vision and purpose we knew we were created to accomplish in our lives. Through her books, How To Get Over Yourself, Get Out of Your Own Way, and Get What YOU Want Out of Life! and How To Get Over Yourself and Let Go of the P.A.S.T., and with the help of her Find Your Purpose Questionnaire, Beatrice will help the audience find who they are and what they were really created to do in this lifetime.